It’s been five years to this day (26th) since the very first post on ASIP.
Looking back, it’s been an incredible journey and I never thought that five years later we would have amassed over 40 very special isolated mixes by some of my musical heroes, over 27 digital releases, again by a multitude of talented artists and more recently, our very first physical release in Uncharted Places. Not to mention an iPhone app, the Places Series map and of course, an amazing bunch of likeminded ambient and electronica lovers who I wouldn’t have otherwise met.
I’ve been helped along the way by some very generous people. Most recently, everyone who helped support Uncharted Places but for a couple of years now there’s been a little donate button at the top of the site and some very kind people have been so kind as to contribute directly to the ASIP cause. This money has helped push the site on further, from the small things to the bigger developments, we wouldn’t be here today without these people.
Everyone who donated directly to the site was asked to suggest their favourite track for a compilation mix which has been kept behind closed doors for over three years now. I could’ve kept this mix going, but I feel like it’s the right time to release it as a thank you to all of those involved and to help celebrate five years of ASIP.
As you can imagine, it’s more a compilation than a mix, spanning ambient, electronica, chill-out and downtempo but as a whole it does a good job in recognising the type of music we all enjoy here on ASIP.
Thank you to everyone involved in ASIP these past five years.
01. Ulrich Schnauss – A Strangely Isolated Place
02. Cliff Martinez – Don’t Blow It (Submitted by Reef Younis)
03. Cream Sound – Not Alone (Underset Ambient mix) (Submitted by Vadim Tkachenko)
04. Cocteau Twins – Cherry Coloured Funk (Seefeel Remix) (Submitted by Roberto Sodano)
05. Max Cooper – The End Of Reason – Ambient Rework (Submitted by Pete Srdic)
06. Gel Sol – IZ (Submitted by Ian Borthwick)
07. Susumu Yokota – Love Bird (Submitted by Alexander Strachan)
08. DJ Food – The Dusk (Submitted by Eric Fletcher)
09. Lulu Rouge – Ninna Nanna (Featuring Trentemøller & Alice Carreri) (Submitted by Andy Schneider)
10. Kalliope – Lunar Landings (Submitted by Felix Schuermann)
11. Speedy J – Tesla (Submitted by Nicholas Dawson)
12. Bola – Heirairerr (Submitted by Scott Ivell)
13. Rim – We Can Row To The Shore (Submitted by Eiko Bron)
14. Signaldrift – Missed (Submitted by Ruben van den Belt)
15. Underworld – To Heal (Submitted by Arthur Ort)
16. Keith Kenniff – Branch (Submitted by James Burke)
17. Carbon Based Lifeforms – 20 Minutes (Submitted by Mads Linden)
18. Shelflife - My Coordinates to You (Submitted by Michael Dilliott)
19. bvdub – Don’t Say you Know (Submitted by Adrian O’Conner)
This compilation is dedicated to all of the people below who have helped support ASIP in recent years. Some of the track suggestions didn’t make the final mix but I want you all to know I am eternally grateful for your support: Vadim Tkachenko, Pete Srdic, Roberto Sodano, Reef Younis, Ian Borthwick, Alexander Strachan, Andy Schneider, Dustin Main, Eric Fletcher, Simon Hunter, Nicholas Dawson, Lionel Rigal, German Lewizki, Jonathan Lees, Andreas Gaisbauer, Michael Wiswedel, Krzysztof Szafranek, Michael Dilliott, Gustavo Rodriguez, Matt Gibbs, James Burke, Adrian OConner, Fatih Tuter, Julie Bender, Giles Croft, Volker Wieprecht, Felix Schuermann, Dave Ridley, Mads Linden, Ruben Van Den Belt, Aaron McLoughlin, Ian Borthwick, George Potter, Tim McGovern, Derek Davidson, Mike Grove, Michael Nilsen, Eiko Bron, Scott Ivell, Joakim Sandstrom, Jason Anderson, Tonn Poorter, David and Carla Palmer, Michael Stipicevic and Alex de Guzman.
And lastly, thank you to everyone who has supported ASIP (be it in monetary terms or not), it’s amazing to know there are people with a similar ridiculous passion in this type of music. Long may it last.
(Artwork created using some of my favourite landscape photos from the past five years, most of which you can view here).