Passing by: Loscil, bvdub, ASC and Marsen Jules

A great week for incoming ASIP post. It all seemed to hit at once and I’m now spending the weekend playing catch-up on ambient bliss. So, this ‘Passing by’ post is dedicated to some recent purchases we should all be digging deep for.

Loscil – Coast/Range/Arc, on Glacial Movements
Anything by Scott is always quickly snapped up, especially a release on Glacial Movements. As expected given the label, this release is a lot more textured and atmospheric than usual. One for the ambient purists. Available on Glacial Movements / Boomkat.

bvdub – Songs For A Friend I Left Behind, on Distant Noise
This is probably my favourite bvdub releases to date. Big shout I know. But this record is Brock stripped down to his core. As the title suggests, there’s something in here pulling at the heart strings, and as expected, Brock rips them out. Available on Distant Noise.

ASC + bvdub – Symbol #2, on Auxiliary
bvdub on vinyl. Oh yes. White Vinyl at that. Not only did I never expect these two to produce together but to get it on vinyl is an absolute treasure and these guys’ talents are complimentary to say the least. You can read more about it here, when I first heard about the release. Available at Boomkat.

Marsen Jules – Nostalgia, on Oktaf.
The king of pop ambient himself, and his latest release is another instrumental ambient gem. Sincere, and melancholic, Martin knows how to combine delicate strings and engrossing atmospheres. Available on Bandcamp or Boomkat.

Loscil – Stave Peak

bvdub – Instead I Left You

ASC & bvdub – Symbol 2.4

Marsen Jules – Nostalgia.

—–
Follow ASIP on Facebook.
[twitter-follow screen_name='asip']

Discussion

9 Responses to “Passing by: Loscil, bvdub, ASC and Marsen Jules”

1. Symbol #2 is a great release but 2.4 is like a drug. can’t. stop. playing. it. Though might have to edit it into a single track 4 times as long. The Loscil and bvdub should arrive next week. Can’t wait. There’s some amazing music out there at the mo’.
    Great posts Ryan.

Posted by Pete Srdic | June 11, 2011, 10:53 pm
  2. Is that bvdub release available for digital download purchase anywhere? Seems silly for it not to be.

Posted by Mike | June 12, 2011, 9:41 am
  3. i havent seen it digital yet. Il ask Tarl who manages Distant Noise…

Posted by Ryan | June 12, 2011, 1:06 pm
  4. Cheers Pete, yep that 2.4 is epic. Let me know your thoughts on bvdub – it’s pretty special!

Posted by Ryan | June 12, 2011, 1:23 pm
  5. Hi Mike, no digital release yet im afraid…

Posted by Ryan | June 12, 2011, 1:40 pm
  6. Thanks for checking Ryan. :) I did purchase that ASC + bvdub ‘Symbol #2′ EP on boomkat. Nice stuff. I have since downloaded ASC’s latest album and am enjoying it as well. Hadn’t had any of his stuff prior to that. Not sure why because his 2011 ‘ssg special’ mix has been getting alot of play here. Glad I finally checked him out.

Posted by Mike | June 13, 2011, 2:29 am
  7. thanks for the kind words and support :)

b]

Posted by bvdub | June 14, 2011, 5:28 am
  8. Just a warning… I ordered the bvdub album via the Distant Noise website, and have received nothing and no reply from my emails to them.

Very disappointing service.

Posted by Mike | June 15, 2011, 7:33 am
  9. ASC has come out with Deep Space 20……….and along with ASIP of course, I do dig some of the Headphone Commute and Low Light mixes as well, HC featured a recent mix by the prolific DJ Snobo, has a really nice Peter Broderick tune on it

Posted by Vishal | June 15, 2011, 7:55 pm