isolatedmix 13 – Solar Fields

When the isolatedmix series first started, my intentions were to include artists who have inspired me from day one, or have recently made a big impact with an amazing record. Magnus, is one of the very few who tick both boxes. His work as Solar Fields leaves me as high as a kite every time. Since his very first album on Ultimae in 2001, to his latest release, #Origin 01, Magnus defines my soundtrack to escapism and his isolatedmix is nothing short of the epitome of beautiful music.

Titled ’21 Days Of Winter’, Magnus has featured some of my favourite artists to date, with N5MD‘s finest; port-royal, Winterlight, Proem and Bitcrush featuring amongst the classic Manual, M83 and Telefon Tel Aviv, resulting in an absolutely stunning isolatedmix. This is one hell of a start to 2011…

Download

01. Neu! – Elanoizan
02. Proem- Hope is great but we need Caffeine
03. Hecq – I Am You
04. SE – 15mg
05. Sensei – CPU Romance in an Airport Lounge
06. Xela – Softness of Senses
07. Bitcrush – Every Sunday (Winterlight remix)
08. port-royal – Karola Bloch
09. Solar Fields – Bigger Stream
10. Phoenix – Love like a sunset, pt. 2
11. Manual – Afterimages
12. M83 – Sister (Part 2)
13. Andrew Thomas – Soft Bullets
14. Stockfinster – Gold Canyon
15. Tobias Lilja – Manifesto
16. Savvas Ysatis & Taylor Deupree – Like Ice On a Summer’s Day
17. Monoceros – Background Birds (Flotel Remix)
18. Vector Lovers – Endless summer
19. Telefon Tel Aviv – The Birds
20. Secede – Memory table part. 2 (discolight)
21. Mungolian jet set – Ocean 0304 (Cruusin with the Henleys mix)

Read Magnus’s notes to each track below:

Neu! – Elanoizan
Smooth track from the German Kraut legends very last album.

Proem- Hope is great but we need Caffeine
Beat less and deep, fantastic.

Hecq – I Am You
Epic sounding.

SE – 15mg
Deep and emotional, makes you think.

Sensei – CPU Romance in an Airport Lounge
Her name is Tara and she like sounds, she also compose great music.

Xela – Softness of Senses
Fantastic track from the album Tangled Wool

Bitcrush – Every Sunday (Winterlight remix)
Into the fog.

port-royal – Karola Bloch
The end part of this 12 minute track. Makes me shiver.

Solar Fields – Bigger Stream
It’s me from my latest album Origin #1.

Phoenix – Love like a sunset, pt. 2
This track put a smile on my face. Very positive.

Manual – Afterimages
One of my favortite Manual tracks.

M83 – Sister (part 2)
Deep and emotional.

Andrew Thomas – Soft Bullets
Beautiful music.

Stockfinster – Gold Canyon
Sebastian Borg has made tons of great music, here is one of them.

Tobias Lilja – Manifesto
Another Swede, deep and harmonic.

Savvas Ysatis & Taylor Deupree – Like Ice On a Summer’s Day
A guitar driver masterpiece.

Monoceros – Background Birds (Flotel Remix)
Fantastic groovy. Kraut year 2000.

Vector Lovers – Endless summer
My favorite VL track, i never get tired of it.

Telefon Tel Aviv – The Birds
Fantastic opening track from the album Immolate Yourself.

Secede – Memory table part. 2 (discolight)
Simple and stunning track.

Mungolian jet set – Ocean 0304 (Cruusin with the Henleys mix)
Fantastic band from Norway, the album We Gave It All Away… And Now We Are Taking It Back should be in everyone’s collection, highly innovative album.

—–

Discussion

22 Responses to “isolatedmix 13 – Solar Fields”

1. so far so good :-)

Posted by lee | January 8, 2011, 8:01 pm
  2. Since you posted this mix, I just keep coming back to it. It takes me to bed and starts my day. I think I must like it, just a bit ; )

Posted by petesrdic | January 12, 2011, 5:51 pm
  3. It’s pretty special…

Posted by ryan | January 12, 2011, 10:43 pm
  4. Extraordinary mixtape. Many thanks to you and Magnus for this.

Posted by Sonnergard | January 13, 2011, 10:24 pm
  5. I hate to sound too cliched but there are some truly transcendental moments in this mix. Would class it as one of the best chill/ambient mixes I’ve heard

Posted by Vishal | January 19, 2011, 5:39 pm
  6. The Savvas Ysatis / Taylor Deupree track is exactly that sort of almost wistful stuff I very much like, so bought the EP flac. Really lovely release – just a shame it’s not longer.

Posted by petesrdic | January 27, 2011, 8:52 pm
  7. …it’s just like being inside a golden prison, where you don’t want to go to the outside world anymore, u just don’t give a shit anymore…man u captured me, I am here, speechless, listening to this beauties…what can I say more….that’s food for my soul…thx

Posted by Rino | March 2, 2011, 6:56 pm
  8. this mix is like a trip to the heavens…..

Posted by Andrea M. | April 17, 2011, 1:56 pm
  9. Just amazing stuff! Thank you! One question, is there anyway we can know the time points where each track start and ends?

Posted by Reinhardt | April 20, 2011, 7:03 pm
  10. Hey, not without me doing it! is there any tracks/times in particular?

Posted by Ryan | April 22, 2011, 9:45 pm
  11. This is such a mental landscape – peaceful and yet fluid in motion. I really need this as I move through a rather abstract problem in my work, helps me to meander multidimensionally.

Posted by JT | July 12, 2011, 6:02 am
  12. Hello Magnus!
    My big respect for your work, thank you very much!

We will broadcast it tomorrow, Nov.22 at 16:00 CET on http://www.psyradio.com.ua

Take care!
    Warm greetings and much Love from Ukraine!
    Slava | PsyRadio

Posted by PsyRadio ComUa | November 21, 2011, 7:12 pm

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: Monoceros « a strangely isolated place - January 10, 2011

2. Pingback: isolatedmix 14 – Joey Fehrenbach « a strangely isolated place - February 6, 2011

3. Pingback: Das Kraftfuttermischwerk » Just my daily two cents - February 23, 2011

4. Pingback: Tripswitch – Stereogram Remixes « a strangely isolated place - March 28, 2011

5. Pingback: Rob Dowell – Figment Fragments « a strangely isolated place - April 4, 2011

6. Pingback: Passing by: Bulb, Bengalfuel, Eckoe & Ian Handsley « astrangelyisolatedplace - July 15, 2011

7. Pingback: Ambient and Chillout music - - July 28, 2011

8. Pingback: Carbon Based Lifeforms – Twentythree « astrangelyisolatedplace - September 13, 2011

9. Pingback: Nova – Mondlicht « astrangelyisolatedplace - September 21, 2011

10. Pingback: Seek Sick Sound Podcast | astrangelyisolatedplace - August 30, 2013